With increasing frequency, utility owners and operators are experiencing a significantly increased need for oil handling and treatment requirement.
Any boiler’s capability to burn commercial grades of Heavy Fuel Oil is dependent on the fuel characteristics and the level of contaminants in the fuel.
As fuel grade and quality decrease, the resultant impact on the burner’s operating reliability and economics will be strongly influenced by the ability of fuel handling systems available to provide properly treated fuel.
Insolubles in the Thermic fluid can cause havoc with the performance of the system, even leading to choking of the complete system.
This is one of the major reasons for discontinuing the use of Thermic fluid – the presence of percentage insolubles of more than 1%.
- Higher availability of system
- Lesser pump and nozzle failures.
- Reduced draining of costly Furnace Oil.
- Reduced frequency of cleaning of nozzles and filters.
- By pass filtration – does not affect operation of the system.
- Prevents highly abrasive particles like Silica, Aluminium etc. from causing irreparable damage to system.
- Enhances system capability to perform at maximum efficiency for prolonged periods of time.